Pedgaon was an important fortified settlement by 1680 A.D. under the Mughals, the fortifications were built by the Deccan Viceroy of the Mughals. The remains of four temples of same period are noticed inside the fortification,ie., Lakshmi Narayana, Baleshwara, Mallikarjuna or Mundeshwara and Bhairvanatha. The temples of Lakshminarayana and Baleshwaraare located on the left bank of river Bhima. The LakshmiNarayana temple is well proportioned and profusely sculptured temple. On plan it consists of a garbhagriha, antarala, mahamandapa and mukhamandapa. The mahamandapa is provided with entrances from the west, north and south directions. The exterior surface of the temple is profusely carved with sculptures of various forms of Shiva, Vishnu and Ashtadikpalas. The pillars are adorned with the "vase and foliage" motif.